Sunday, February 04, 2007

Rehearsal Dates

Hello All,

I have taken a look at the calendar and I would like to throw some dates out there to get feedback so we can put them on the calendar permanently. I have also been working on casting and am nearly there. My goal is to have the casting completed by Wed. this week. I may be in touch with some of you individually to go over ideas for your personal monologue.

I'd like to organise an optional acting workshop for either Sat. March 10th or Sat. March 17, for around 11am for an hour or so. I need to confirm whether voice and acting coaches are available as well as how many of you would be interested in doing this.

We need to have two full rehearsals before our final dress rehearsal. We will also have meetings outside of these rehearsals in smaller groups to keep connected and work on other areas of the campaign and leading up to the production. These will be planned separately. I need you to check your calendar and let me know what dates you CANNOT do from the following: February: Thurs. 22nd, 6-9, March: Thurs. 8th, 6-9; Fri. 16th 6-8/9; Sat. 17th 10-1 or 11-2. Of these dates, I will chose two based on everyone's availability. I think we should give ourselves about three hours, but we may finish earlier. Remember, if you are not acting or working on tech, you do not need to attend the rehearsals, as you may be working on other projects at different times.

We have confirmed the venue, it will be the Central Library in Islington. The dress rehearsal will be the night before our production, on March 23rd. Time is to be confirmed, but I was thinking around 6pm so that we have plenty of time for the rehearsal as well as sharing our final 'projects' that I put forth to each of you as well as ordering in pizza or something. Remember, we are also here to have fun!

I would also like to plan a meeting with those working/interested in the technical areas of the show for us to meet at the Central Library to take a look at the venue, look into needs for lighting, sounds, etc. I would like to do this Monday evening, either Feb 12 or 19. I also need to confirm with the venue that this is a possibility.

I will be in touch with some of you individually. I am also creating groups for the other items that need to be addressed as per the previous email. I only heard back from a few of you, so I will put forth some ideas and assign projects and you can decide whether it is what you want/can do or not.

Also, if you are on this list and have decided not to participate in our event, then please let me know. If you don't have time to commit now, you are always welcome to help out the night of the show with ushering, etc.

All the best!

Kara

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home