Monday, January 15, 2007

Planning Our Next Meeting

Dear all,

Thank you for your interest and support in V-Day. I am looking forward to working with all of you as well as any others interested in joining the team to produce the benefit performance of The Vagina Monologues in Islington, March 2007.

I am attaching a copy of the volunteer application which includes the page of audition pieces taken from The Vagina Monologues as well as the flyer which was available at my presentation in order for you to forward on to any and all who are interested.

I have looked over the times available for those of you who have already filled out the forms. I have to make sure that we have a space to meet before making any permanent plans, but I wanted to ask you which dates would be best for you and then take it from there. I have also created a googlegroups page and sent an invite as well for that in order for us to communicate over the forum. If I haven't included you the list for the googlegroup, please send me an email and I will do so.

So far, I believe evenings are best for most initially for meetings. I am happy that some of you have days and other times available and this will help in working independently or in small groups on other aspects of our V-Day event. For now, I would like to organise the audition and interviews evening. This is also a relaxed evening where others who are interested in working on the campaign can come and listen as well as share feedback/ideas. I would like to see our actresses as well as find out what monologue you are interested in performing, if you have a preference or if you are happy to be cast wherever. I would also like to create a list of V-Team members at this meeting which would allow members access to the V-Spot which has up to date information in regards to the campaign.

Here are some suggestions for meeting times, it's also possible that we can have more than one initial meeting in order for everyone to be able to attend/audition.

Evening: 6pm, Thursday 25 January,
6pm, Monday 29 January,
6pm, Thursday 2 February

Again, I need to confirm the availability of rooms at the Islington Town Hall, but I'd like to see when you can attend. Also feel free to email me your interests for acting prior so that I can think about that as well. Once we have the actresses, I will have scripts for each of you.

Please feel free to contact me: I am available after 5.30pm weeknights and throughout the weekend. If you would also like to meet me outside of a group meeting, I am happy to find time to do so.

Thank you again,

Kara

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home